Sharing Christ’s love through Backpacks & Scholarships to students and families in Honduras.
- Many children are unable to attend school because their families cannot afford the mandatory uniforms or supplies
- Many schools are 1 or 2 rooms with all grades and a single teacher. Most are in remote villages, often several miles from homes, making transportation often impossible.
- The government only provides free education up through grade 6.
- High school education, typically vocational training, is private and out of reach for most families.
- Only 30% of children attend secondary school.
- The country struggles with the lack of educational resources, schools, and poor teacher training.
What We Do
- Scholarships for elementary and secondary education, vocational training, nursing training
- Backpacks, school uniforms, school supplies
- Clothing, shoes, other necessities
- Printing materials for church ministry and vocational school curriculum
- Support local hospitals and/or churches through Sunday School, Bible studies, children’s crafts
- Repair and renovation of buildings
- Love and share Jesus with the Honduran people we encounter