Rob Roy MacGregor, Team Chaplain, provided a very descriptive list of activities performed by the 2019 Mission Team to Choluteca, Honduras, February 7 – 19, 2019. Although each mission team has a preliminary agenda for daily tasks, activities and evangelism, our Mission Team is skilled at “jumping in and just doing what needs to be done”.
The context of the annual mission trip is the WGM mission compound of missionaries Larry and Angie Overholt. The Overholts have served WGM since 1980. Larry has an agricultural background and Angie has a nursing background. Both are gifted at international ministry and show God’s love to villagers and visitors alike. Since 2000, they have been involved in evangelism, community development and training. They have a tremendous heart for education in Honduras. They have both been strategically involved with developing curriculum for a vocational school and a nursing school. The Overholts oversee the financial management of The Lizzie Project through WGM.
“With God’s help and many prayers and support, our team of 12 was able to accomplish the following tasks,” Rob Roy stated. The below is Rob Roy’s “list of accomplishments”:
- Built 3 very heavy-duty picnic tables for the Nursing School and church.
- Built 14 6′ benches for children in village churches.
- Built and installed a shade net over kids’ play station.
- Organized and re-stacked lumber and other materials in the Dairy Building; moved and organized scrap wood pile.
- Completely cleaned and relocated unnecessary items to make room for a new tool shed.
- Helped with meal preparation and kitchen clean up.
- Handed out appropriately 100 pocket New Testaments and larger New Testaments with Psalms in English and Spanish.
- Visited and ministered to 4 village churches to about 120 children and 35 adults.
- Delivered approximately 100 backpacks to children, enabling them to attend school.
- Prepared laundry each day for team members.
- Had fellowship with church and local people. We tried to show Jesus’ love to every person we met.
- Did 3 small painting jobs: painted classroom at the Vocational Technical School; painted wall at the Mission compound; painted steel I beams for new classroom construction.
- Made cookies for our team and Ohio team members.
- Moved book cabinet and books to the Nursing School.
- Organized Pharmacy at the Nursing School.
- Taught 5 Bible studies: Ladies 2 nights; Children 1 night; Teens 1 night; Tweens 1 night; Men 1 night.
- Rhonda and Kathy each taught technical classes in the Nursing School.
- Unpacked, organized and placed school and hygiene supplies into backpacks for children and nursing students.
- Delivered clothing donated by people from our home churches to the children and adults in the villages and nursing students.
- Painted hand-print painting with the children at 2 local schools.
“To God be the glory for the great things He has done!”